Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Wow, it's here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't look forward to college being any different</div></div>
    Trust us on this one - high school and college are night and day!

    Take advantage of that fresh environment. You can be your own person in college. </div></div>

    I sure hope so, but I'm still not buying it. I've never really been a person to adjust very easily to changing situations, and I'm sorry to bring up the "driver's license" deal again but it serves as a wonderful example - though I've done great in school grade-wise and work-wise, I've never been able to truly adapt to the world that is changing around me. I still can't drive, while nearly everyone else my age can. I haven't applied myself to getting scholarships and looking out for colleges, while everyone else my age has.

    So unless for some odd reason college is that much more easy to adjust to, I think I'll still struggle a lot with it. I'm not saying everything in life is going to be easy or that I expect it to be, but I just don't see college being any easier in terms of how comfortable/welcomed it makes me feel.

    /Whining mode
    Officially retired

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    Best thing you can do is experience it for yourself!

    Even though many folks are fresh out of high school, the environment is more mature and relaxed.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    Just rember it is never to late to change what you want to change (get you Drivers license and when you get to collage take heart in the fact that there will be a coupple of hundred people as screwedup as you are [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] )

    Where are you planning on going to school at?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Where are you planning on going to school at? </div></div>

    Not 100% sure to be honest.

    I've been considering maybe Mountain Empire for some of the basic courses, then transferring elsewhere for the "special" ones that I'll actually want in order to improve my skills/knowledge in a field(s) that I'm interested in.

    One place that looks pretty awesome is FullSail (http://www.fullsail.com) because it's a college that's literally specialized for game development. Its location is holding me back, however, as I've been told even by my parents that it's a bit far away so I'm holding off for now. I certainly have interest in a college such as that, though. Another one that's similar and even somewhat affiliated by Nintendo is Digipen (http://www.digipen.edu).
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    Honistly you remind me a bit of one of my Highschool friends (well he is still a friend LOL) There is nothing wrong with going to ME for a year or 2 (will save money in the long run) But do not just take the path of least resestance deside what you want to do and activly work toward it. You can get by with a DL for now but it will start cuting into your opertunitys more and more and if nothing else that is one hurdle that you can get out of your path now

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    The best thing about college is the abundance of hot tail.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honistly you remind me a bit of one of my Highschool friends (well he is still a friend LOL) There is nothing wrong with going to ME for a year or 2 (will save money in the long run) But do not just take the path of least resestance deside what you want to do and activly work toward it. You can get by with a DL for now but it will start cuting into your opertunitys more and more and if nothing else that is one hurdle that you can get out of your path now </div></div>

    Gotcha.. thanks very much for the info. (Same to you elp6n.)

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best thing about college is the abundance of hot tail. </div></div>

    That's kind of the immaturity I see in high school.. I would figure that in college, those subjects would be out of the way quite a bit more compared to high school.
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    We at clintwood are graduating next friday. Im really nervous but also excited. I know i may never see a few of my classmates again but i know that i will still be friends with some. Over the next week i know i will be doing a lot of thinking about all the things that i could have done different in high school but i know i wouldnt. I have enjoyed high school. All of the sports and jsut hanging out with friends. I will hopefully be back in high school in a few years as a teacher but it still will not be like it is right now.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timmy_v</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We at clintwood are graduating next friday. Im really nervous but also excited. I know i may never see a few of my classmates again but i know that i will still be friends with some. Over the next week i know i will be doing a lot of thinking about all the things that i could have done different in high school but i know i wouldnt. I have enjoyed high school. All of the sports and jsut hanging out with friends. I will hopefully be back in high school in a few years as a teacher but it still will not be like it is right now. </div></div>

    I miss it, if for no other reason than seeing my friends on a daily basis rather than once or twice a month.

    Regrets I have plenty.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    Dad.. is that you!? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •